[Pollinator] Bees of the Yellow sun dial

Peter Bernhardt bernhap2 at slu.edu
Sat Feb 18 12:30:50 PST 2017

We are writing up a paper on the pollination of the yellow sun dial
(Hypoxis hirsuta).  This is a common, spring (April) wildflower here in
Missouri and we found a surprisingly large population at Cuivre Rive State
Park.  About 18 bee species in four families (Apidae, Andrenidae,
Halictidae, Megachilidae) visited the flowers.  They do not secrete
nectar.  We'd like to use one or both of these photos in the ms. but these
specimens were observed, not caught.  Would anyone be willing to make an
identification to genus?

Peter