[Pollinator] Rusty patched bumble bee will be protected!

Matthew Shepherd matthew.shepherd at xerces.org
Tue Jan 10 07:55:25 PST 2017

We have some excellent news to share: The US Fish and Wildlife Service are
releasing their final rule on listing the rusty patch bumble bee—and they
will be protecting it under the Endangered Species Act!

This is fantastic, and comes as the result of about a decade of work by
Xerces conservation biologists and our partners, who include the NRDC and
Clay Bolt and Neil Losin. You can read more about this in a press release
on our web site,
http://www.xerces.org/2017/01/10/rusty-patched-bumble-bee-protected-as-an-endangered-species/

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service final rule (Public Inspection Document,
scheduled to be published 1/11/17) is available on the Federal Register,
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/01/11/2017-00195/endangered-and-threatened-species-rusty-patched-bumble-bee

Matthew

­----------

Matthew Shepherd

Communications Director

[image: Xerces-logo-CMYK-email_Outlook]

Protecting the Life That Sustains Us

Connect:    www.xerces.org      Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/xerces.society/>     Twitter
<https://twitter.com/xercessociety>     Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/xercessociety/?hl=en>     Blog
<http://www.xerces.org/blog/>     E-newsletter
<https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001HTk7N6nZumLPinBr8VACbNdTXCe732bGu6KpqC13JAKPti_HBe5xyr7t0p4mDfKe2dOsd-TB1qvv772s6GQfVa_SbKKfwBiwl4blH4KvCjq4dpmA2M9UNZ2axlQwu_1Gvjrl2Rb53WUZwsddwCzyorgxedLAaMy3>

628 NE Broadway, Suite 200,   Portland, OR 97232,   USA

Office: (503) 232-6639 x110

Cell: (503) 807-1577

matthew.shepherd at xerces.org