[Pollinator] Bringing Back Bumble Bees

Lisa Feldkamp lfeldkamp at tnc.org
Mon Jul 24 10:37:55 PDT 2017

We have a recent post on Cool Green Science about bringing back native bumble bees in the United States: https://blog.nature.org/science/2017/07/11/recovery-bringing-back-bumble-bees-endangered-native/

It features the work of Robbin Thorp, Sydney Cameron, Clay Bolt, the Xerces Society, and more. The story also includes information on the endangered rusty patched bumble bee, the presumed extinct Franklin’s bumble bee, and advice on how people can help provide habitat for native bumble bees. I thought that you would all be interested.

Cheers,
Lisa

"What’s so funny ‘bout peace, love & understanding?" — Nick Lowe / Made famous by Elvis Costello

Lisa Feldkamp
Science Communications
The Nature Conservancy
lfeldkamp at tnc.org