[Pollinator] pollination in Thailand

David Inouye inouye at umd.edu
Wed Mar 1 03:49:51 PST 2017

I gave the keynote talk this morning about "Challenges facing
pollinators and pollination as an ecosystem service", at the
International Conference on Sustainable Agriculture and Bioeconomy, in
Bangkok. At least some of the audience hadn't thought much before about
the role of pollinators in all the wonderful fruits and vegetables that
were also displayed in the exhibit hall. There have been two paper
sessions about pollination, and I got to hear about some interesting
Thai research and meet a few of the pollination researchers and their
students.

In the photo I'm talking to Thailand's Royal Highness Princess Maha
Chakri Sirindhorn, who presided at the opening ceremony and then came to
see some the exhibits.

That's a 'rice palace' in back, made of stalks of rice, in the exhibit
hall.

David

--
Dr. David W. Inouye