[Pollinator] Toxic Plants & Landscaping for Pollinators

Lisa Feldkamp lfeldkamp at TNC.ORG
Wed Mar 22 09:02:26 PDT 2017

Hi,

I work for the Nature Conservancy's Cool Green Science blog.

We have a post today focused on recent wildlife deaths from Japanese Yew. The post also warns that Nandina domestica berries can be toxic to cedar waxwings and plants that have been treated with neonicotinoids can be toxic to pollinators: http://blog.nature.org/science/2017/03/22/is-your-landscaping-killing-wildlife/

I thought you would be interested & if you know of more plants that can be toxic to pollinators, we appreciate your comments. Thank you!

Cheers,
Lisa