[Pollinator] Clean Air Partners Celebrates 20th Anniversary

Kelly Rourke kr at pollinator.org
Wed May 17 12:15:13 PDT 2017

WASHINGTON, May 17, 2017 /PRNewswire

*Regional air quality organization Clean Air Partners celebrated 20 years
of dedication to improving the greater Baltimore*-Washington region's air
quality at last night's Annual Awards Celebration. Clean Air Partners
reinvigorated the celebration with the Best In Air Awards, honoring
industry leaders COPD Foundation, Grid Alternatives, and Lyft for their
exemplary commitments to decreasing air pollution and protecting public
health. The Awards also recognized students for their outstanding
creativity as part of the *On the Air *education awards. The full list of
Award winners can be found at www.cleanairpartners.net.

"There have been significant improvements to our region's air quality
during Clean Air Partners' tenure. We are grateful to businesses and
individuals for their tremendous commitments to changing the way we view
everyday choices. We empower residents to make small changes where they
live, work, and play — while educating sensitive groups and others about
how they can respond on the days we do experience poor conditions," said
Clean Air Partners Board Chair Brian O'Malley. "Recognizing the Best In Air
Award winners and those who have made an impact on air quality is a
highlight of our work — encouraging future leaders to continue to care
about our air."

Pepco's Edison Place Gallery served as an exceptional venue for more than
one hundred guests who enjoyed networking with industry leaders, winners,
and interactive demonstrations from Casey Trees, Pollinator Partnership,
and Urban Jungle. Speakers and special guests included:

   - Tom Van Arsdall <http://www.pollinator.org/about>, *Pollinator
   Partnership *Director of Public Affairs. His advocacy efforts have been
   instrumental in the enactment of pollinator conservation and research
   provisions.
   - Brian O'Malley <http://www.cmtalliance.org/about-us/cmta/board-staff>,
   Clean Air Partners Chair and President and CEO of Central Maryland
   Transportation Alliance. Brian advocates for improving transportation
   resources throughout metropolitan Baltimore.

READ MORE AT:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/clean-air-partners-celebrates-20th-anniversary-300458779.html

Kelly Rourke

Program Coordinator

Pollinator Partnership

423 Washington Street, 5th Floor

San Francisco, CA 94111

e:  kr at pollinator.org

w:  www.pollinator.org

p:  415.362.1137

[image: cid:image002.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<http://www.facebook.com/ThePollinatorPartnership>[image:
cid:image003.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0] <http://twitter.com/Pollinators>[image:
cid:image004.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/+PollinatorOrg/about>[image:
cid:image005.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<http://www.youtube.com/user/PollinatorPartners>

[image: cid:image006.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<http://pollinator.org/index.html>[image:
cid:image007.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<http://pollinator.org/million-pollinator-garden-challenge.htm>