[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 05/01/17 (Flora & Fauna of WV--And Elsewhere)

research at hiltonpond.org research at hiltonpond.org
Fri May 26 11:40:42 PDT 2017

I don't think I've ever posted two installments of "This Week at Hilton Pond" in one week, but--hey-- I'm trying to get caught up. The latest photo essay (#655) for 1-15 May 2017 includes lots of images of birds, wildflowers, butterflies, and other native flora and fauna observed during the recent New River Birding and Nature Festival in West Virginia, with a special nod to pollinators. Many of these species can also been see in the Carolinas and elsewhere. (Alas, there is also a sad note about the recent passing of our beloved Elaida Mayorga Villanueva in Costa Rica.) The posting includes my usual summary of all birds banded and recaptured during the period, along with a few miscellaneous nature notes. Take a look, if you will, at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek170501.html <http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek170501.html>

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond <http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond> for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at http://www.facebook.com/rubythroats <http://www.facebook.com/rubythroats>