[Pollinator] Bee Conservation Nonprofits

Sarah Jenkins aardvarksarah at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 12:45:39 PDT 2018

Hello,

The Omaha Chapter of American Association of Zoo Keepers hosts an annual
fundraiser event call Buzzed for Bees.  We have local brewers create
special beers for an evening beer festival and donate our profits to
pollinator conservation.  Originally, the nonprofit of choice was specific
to honeybee keeping, but I have been trying to steer us more towards native
bees.  I am looking for recommendations of worthy native bee/pollinator
nonprofits that are national in scope.  We hope to share our success with
other US chapters of AAZK so that they can use our event as a template for
their own Buzzed for Bees.

We are currently supporting the Pollinator's Partnership Bee Smart School
Garden Kit program and would like to add one more nonprofit.

Additionally, please let me know if you have any educational material or
bee-themed donations you would be willing to contribute to our event.  It
will be held in Omaha, Nebraska on June 22nd this year.  You can find us on
facebook (https://www.facebook.com/buzzed4bees/)

Please email any nonprofit organization ideas (preferably with links) to me
at aardvarksarah at gmail.com

Thank you,
Sarah Jenkins
Buzzed for Bees Committee Member
Social Media Chair, Omaha AAZK
Senior Keeper of Invertebrates, Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium