[Pollinator] Mortality in Hymenoptera

Jason Graham jrgraham at hawaii.edu
Mon Apr 16 16:37:46 PDT 2018

Hello all,
I'm exploring factors that may contribute to rates of success/mortality in
bees. I'm particularly interested in learning any reported nest mortality
rates in solitary bees (wild or managed). I'm curious how mortality rates
differ along the spectrum of wild to managed bees, stem to ground-nesting,
solitary to social, arboreal to subterranean, tropic to arctic and natural
to artificial nests.

Any suggestions for literature to read, people to interview, keywords to
search?

I'm also looking for a copy of the following article. If anyone has access
and can share a pdf,  I'd really appreciate it!

Danks, H.V., 1971. Nest mortality factors in stem-nesting aculeate
Hymenoptera. The Journal of Animal Ecology 40(1): 79-82.

Thanks!

Jason R. Graham, PhD

University of Hawaii- Manoa

Department of Plant and Environmental Protection Sciences

3050 Maile Way, Gilmore 310 Honolulu, HI 96822

Cell: (352) 519-9592

Jrgraham at hawaii.edu

*www.discoverbees.com <http://www.discoverbees.com>*

www.facebook.com/hylaeus