[Pollinator] Media Release: Pollinator Partnership and Stover Seed Company

Kelly Rourke kr at pollinator.org
Wed Aug 22 13:10:48 PDT 2018

[image: Pollinator_notag][image: Logo sm trasp_edited-1]

*MEDIA RELEASE*

August 22, 2018

*Southern California Seed Company Joins Pollinator Partnership in Creating
Native Seed Mixes for Pollinators in the West*

Pollinator Partnership (P2) and Stover Seed Company recently announced an
important new partnership designed to make it easier for backyard
gardeners, landscape designers, and open space managers to create
pollinator habitat specifically designed for California’s diverse
landscapes.  Working together, P2 and Stover have developed a custom
curated pollinator seed mix that includes native poppies, coneflower,
lupine, flax, and other perennials designed to attract bees, butterflies,
birds, and other pollinators.

Val Dolcini, President & CEO of the Pollinator Partnership, said that
“Habitat and forage loss are recognized as a significant factor impacting
pollinator populations.  We’re pleased to partner with Stover to address
these issues.  Californians can do a lot in their own backyards to improve
pollinator habitat and these seeds will plant new hope for pollinators of
all types across the Golden State.”

John McShane, President of Stover Seed, said “We are excited to be able to
combine the expertise of Pollinator Partnership with Stover Seed’s ability
to collect, package and distribute best in class pollinator seed mixes.”

This is the beginning of a long term partnership that will result in
additional regional pollinator native seed mixes, both at the retail and
wholesale level. Planting for pollinators is one of the most direct actions
individuals can take to support pollinators. For more information on how to
help pollinators, including ecoregional planting guides and educational
resources, visit www.pollinator.org!

###

ABOUT POLLINATOR PARTNERSHIP (P2)

Established in 1997, the Pollinator Partnership is the largest 501(c) 3
non-profit organization dedicated exclusively to the health, protection,
and conservation of all pollinating animals. P2’s actions for pollinators
include education, conservation, restoration, policy, and research.  P2’s
financial support comes through grants, gifts, memberships and donations
from any interested party.  P2’s policies are science-based, set by its
board of directors, and never influenced by any donor.  To make a donation
or for information on events during Pollinator Week visit www.pollinator.org.

ABOUT STOVER SEED

A family owned and operated business with over 95 years of experience as a
full-service blender, packager and distributor of premium quality seeds.
Our products include turf, wildflower, native, reclamation, erosion control
and pasture seeds.  Although we ship worldwide, our specialty is serving
the professional and home gardener markets in California and the
Southwest.  For more information visit www.stoverseed.com

View the release at
*http://pollinator.org/assets/generalFiles/Stover-Seeds_P2_Press-Release.pdf
<http://pollinator.org/assets/generalFiles/Stover-Seeds_P2_Press-Release.pdf>
*

Kelly Rourke

Senior Program Manager

Pollinator Partnership

423 Washington Street, 5th Floor

San Francisco, CA 94111

e:  kr at pollinator.org

w:  www.pollinator.org

p:  415.362.1137

[image: cid:image002.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<http://www.facebook.com/ThePollinatorPartnership>[image:
cid:image003.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0] <http://twitter.com/Pollinators>[image:
cid:image004.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/+PollinatorOrg/about>[image:
cid:image005.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<http://www.youtube.com/user/PollinatorPartners>

[image: cid:image006.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<http://pollinator.org/index.html>[image:
cid:image007.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<http://pollinator.org/million-pollinator-garden-challenge.htm>