[Pollinator] Conserving honey bees does not help wildlife

Bonnie Harper-Lore bonnielore at comcast.net
Fri Feb 23 20:13:41 PST 2018

A cautionary tale!

It is through the good intentions of this program, the invasive Palmer’s Amaranth was introduced  into the Middle of Minnesota’s corn and soybean agricultural lands last year.
The amaranth was a contaminant in the wildflower seed prescribed by the NRCS program.  Fortunately the Minnesota Dept. of Ag. was alerted quickly and hope to eradicate the accidental
amaranth.  If not discovered this well-intended program would have cost Minnesota lucrative crops!  In southern states this amaranth is the nemesis of cotton agricultural lands.  Its agricultural
impact is well known.

Moral of the story, buy seed mixes ONLY from trustworthy and ethical seed sources.

Bonnie Harper-Lore, member
The Minnesota Noxious Weed Advisory Committee