[Pollinator] Sran Family Orchards is the first Bee Better Certified farm!

Matthew Shepherd matthew.shepherd at xerces.org
Thu Jan 11 09:01:02 PST 2018

Hi everyone,

We’re very happy to announce that Sran Family Orchards
<http://www.sranfamilyorchards.com/index.php>, an almond grower based in
Kerman, in California’s San Joaquin Valley, has just become the first Bee
Better Certified <https://beebettercertified.org/> farm. Gaining this
certification is recognition for the Sran family’s years of dedication to
sustainable farming, and we couldn’t be happier that Sran Family Orchards
is the first farm to receive this accolade.

Bee Better Certified was launched last June. It is the only food and
farming pollinator conservation certification program that requires
third-party inspection. Farm assessment and certification is
undertaken by Oregon
Tilth <https://tilth.org/>, a leading national nonprofit certifier for
organic agriculture and products, whose team of inspectors ensure that the
process is rigorous and that standards are met. To be certified, a grower
must meet strict standards that cover provision of habitat and mitigation
of pesticide impacts.

For more about Sran Family Orchards’ efforts to help bees, read the article
on the Xerces blog
<https://xerces.org/2018/01/10/sran-family-orchards-the-first-bee-better-certified-farm/>
and the press release
<https://xerces.org/2018/01/10/sran-family-orchards-becomes-first-bee-better-certified-grower/>
.

Blog:
https://xerces.org/2018/01/10/sran-family-orchards-the-first-bee-better-certified-farm/

Press release:
https://xerces.org/2018/01/10/sran-family-orchards-becomes-first-bee-better-certified-grower/

Happy New Year to you all!

Matthew

----------

Matthew Shepherd

Communications Director

[image: Email-Outlook_Xerces-logo-CMYK]

Protecting the Life That Sustains Us

Connect:    www.xerces.org      Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/xerces.society/>     Twitter
<https://twitter.com/xercessociety>     Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/xercessociety/?hl=en>     Blog
<http://www.xerces.org/blog/>     E-newsletter
<https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001HTk7N6nZumLPinBr8VACbNdTXCe732bGu6KpqC13JAKPti_HBe5xyr7t0p4mDfKe2dOsd-TB1qvv772s6GQfVa_SbKKfwBiwl4blH4KvCjq4dpmA2M9UNZ2axlQwu_1Gvjrl2Rb53WUZwsddwCzyorgxedLAaMy3>

628 NE Broadway, Suite 200,   Portland, OR 97232,   USA

Office: (503) 232-6639 x110

Cell: (503) 807-1577

matthew.shepherd at xerces.org