[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 05/01/18 (Mountain Wildflowers, Piedmont Birds)

research at hiltonpond.org research at hiltonpond.org
Sun Jun 24 14:11:42 PDT 2018

After too long a delay I finally finished installment #673 of "This Week at Hilton Pond." This took a while because it is a composite of happenings during the merry month of May in the Carolina Piedmont AND at West Virginia's New River Birding and Nature Festival. Included are lots of images and anecdotal info about birds, wildflowers, butterflies, amphibians, and other natural wonders, including hummingbirds. (We also note how native flora are used by pollinators and as host plants.)

As usual we provide tallies of all birds banded and recaptured at the Center during the period, as well as acknowledgement of recent support provided by followers of Hilton Pond and "Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project."

To view our photo essay for 1-31 May 2018, please click on the link: http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek180501.html <http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek180501.html>
Happy Nature Watching!

BILL

Please "Like" our Facebook pages at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond for timely updates on nature topics,