[Pollinator] Fwd: RFP Announcement for NHB funded Research

Kelly Rourke kr at pollinator.org
Wed Aug 26 12:59:20 PDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Grace Kunkel <Grace at projectapism.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 12:37 PM
Subject: RFP Announcement for NHB funded Research
Cc: Sharah Yaddaw <sharah at projectapism.org>, Danielle Downey <
danielle at projectapism.org>

Hello Friends, Professors, and Researchers,

Please distribute and post this Request for Proposals
<https://www.projectapism.org/rfps.html> on behalf of the National Honey
Board.

In June, 2016 Project Apis m. (PAm) and the National Honey Board (NHB)
announced that PAm would begin administering the NHB Production Research
funds. This collaboration has streamlined efforts to support the beekeeping
industry, by connecting the NHB research funding opportunities with several
other efforts coordinated by PAm. This collaboration allows opportunities
to consider a broader spectrum of efforts linked to supporting the
industry, to support collaborations and synergy, and harmonize and access
deeper resources when necessary for projects that need larger time or money
commitments. Merging efforts has also resulted in one less round of work
for all of our hardworking bee researchers who write proposals, the
scientific reviewers who read them, and selection committees and
administrators who see these processes through.

*The National Honey Board* (NHB) is an industry-funded agriculture
promotion group that educates consumers about the benefits and uses of
honey and honey products. NHB research, marketing, and promotional programs
are funded by an assessment on domestic and imported honey and are designed
to increase awareness and usage of honey by consumers, the foodservice
industry and food manufacturers. For more information please visit
www.honey.com

*Project Apis m. **(PAm)* is the go-to organization at the interface of
honey bees and pollinated crops. Since 2006, we've infused over $8.5
million into honey bee research and $2.9 million into forage programs,
resulting in better pollination and increased crop yields for growers, and
lower losses and better honey production for beekeepers. We work closely
with commercial beekeepers, growers, and top bee scientists in the USA and
Canada to fund projects and direct strategic efforts focused on practical
solutions. PAm funds studies, offers graduate scholarships to encourage
careers in pursuit of science-based solutions to honey bee challenges and
has expanded efforts to put forage on the landscape where bees need it
most. We are a 501(c)5 nonprofit organization governed by an eleven-member
board of stakeholders representing major national and state industry
organizations, and an additional seven-member Science Advisory Board. Learn
more at www.ProjectApism.org

*Please note: *the proposal submission window is open between Sept 1 2020,
and October 1 2020. Click here
<https://www.projectapism.org/uploads/1/0/5/7/105706229/rfp-nhb_funded_research_proposals_2020-2021_forpdf.pdf>
for detailed application instructions, and here
<https://www.grantrequest.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fapplication.aspx%3fSA%3dSNA%26FID%3d35007%26sid%3d6057&SA=SNA&FID=35007&sid=6057>
for the submission portal.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

best wishes,

-Grace

*Grace Kunkel*

*Communications Coordinator*

Office  | 916-287-3035
Mobile | 636-582-0464
<http://www.projectapism.org/>ProjectApism.org <http://www.projectapism.org>

--

Kelly Rourke

Director of Programs and Operations

Pollinator Partnership

475 Sansome St., 17th Floor

San Francisco, CA 94111

e:  kr at pollinator.org

w:  www.pollinator.org
o:  415.362.1137

c:  585.255.0962

[image: cid:image002.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<http://www.facebook.com/ThePollinatorPartnership>[image:
cid:image003.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0] <http://twitter.com/Pollinators>[image:
instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/pollinatorpartnership/>[image:
cid:image005.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<http://www.youtube.com/user/PollinatorPartners>

[image: cid:image006.jpg at 01D1AB75.BF85B7F0]
<http://pollinator.org/index.html> [image: bee_friendly_Farmer_logo_CMYK[1]]
<https://www.pollinator.org/bff>

<https://www.pollinator.org/monarch/mwaa>