[Pollinator] Fwd: You're invited: The Pollinators Documentary & What's at Stake for Bees and People

David Inouye dwinouye at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 17:52:48 PST 2021

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	You're invited: The Pollinators Documentary & What's at Stake
for Bees and People
Date: 	Wed, 03 Mar 2021 22:57:09 +0000
From: 	NRDC – Dan Raichel <actions at nrdc.org>
To: 	David Inouye <dwinouye at gmail.com>

NRDC RSVP now to watch exclusive clips followed by a panel discussion on
the challenges bees are facing.
NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council)
<https://act.nrdc.org/go/19825?t=10&tkd=4813658&t=1&akid=13422%2E4813658%2E8tiHDb>

David,

Join me for an exclusive screening of scenes from the documentary film,
/The Pollinators/
<https://act.nrdc.org/go/19824?t=2&akid=13422%2E4813658%2E8tiHDb>,
followed by a panel discussion alongside the film's director, and other
bee and pollinator experts. /The Pollinators/ is a cinematic journey
around the United States following migratory beekeepers and their
truckloads of honeybees as they pollinate the flowers that make up part
of our food supply.

RSVP now to join us for this special event!
<https://act.nrdc.org/go/19825?t=3&akid=13422%2E4813658%2E8tiHDb>

*Watch, Listen, Discuss: /The Pollinators/ Documentary & What's at Stake
Wednesday, March 10
6:30 p.m. ET/ 3:30 p.m. PT*
Tune in via Zoom
<https://act.nrdc.org/go/19825?t=4&akid=13422%2E4813658%2E8tiHDb>

One out of every three bites of food we eat — including fruits, nuts,
and vegetables — depends on bees and other pollinators. But bees are
dying at an alarming rate across the country — largely at the hands of a
deluge of toxic pesticides called neonics — and it's a threat to our
food supply, our agricultural industry, and our economy.

Future food scarcity due to continued pollinator declines is a major
threat to our health and security, and it would hit low-income
communities and communities of color the hardest.

/The Pollinators/ reveals the many challenges beekeepers and bees face,
the flaws of our chemically-dependent agricultural system, and what it
means to our food, our environment, and ourselves.

For the panel discussion, I'll be joined by Peter Nelson, director of
/The Pollinators/, Susan Kegley, principal and CEO of the Pesticide
Research Institute, and Guillermo Fernandez, founder and executive
director of The Bee Conservancy. After the panel, you'll have the
opportunity to ask questions.

Register to attend this special event.
<https://act.nrdc.org/go/19825?t=5&akid=13422%2E4813658%2E8tiHDb>

We hope you can join us!

Sincerely,

Dan Raichel
Staff Attorney, Nature Program, NRDC

P.S. Read my blog
<https://act.nrdc.org/go/19826?tkd=4813658&t=6&akid=13422%2E4813658%2E8tiHDb>
on how neonic pesticides pose a big risk to bees on NRDC.org.

The mission of the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is to
safeguard the Earth: its people, its plants and animals, and the natural
systems on which all life depends.

Charity Navigator

<https://act.nrdc.org/login/?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=update&utm_campaign=email&tkd=4813658&t=8&akid=13422%2E4813658%2E8tiHDb>
<https://www.nrdc.org/about/?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=about&utm_campaign=email&tkd=4813658>
<https://www.nrdc.org/contact-us?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=contact&utm_campaign=email&tkd=4813658>
| Privacy Policy
<https://www.nrdc.org/privacy-policy?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=privacy&utm_campaign=email&tkd=4813658>

Natural Resources Defense Council | 40 West 20th Street | New York, NY 10011
www.nrdc.org
<http://www.nrdc.org?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=home&utm_campaign=email&tkd=4813658>