[HECnet] Installing F77 on RSTS/E 10.1

Brett Bump bbump at rsts.org
Tue Apr 1 04:29:10 PDT 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Zane H. Healy wrote:

At 7:34 PM -0700 3/31/08, Bob Armstrong wrote:
  Does anybody know the procedure for installing F77 v5.4 on RSTS/E
10.1?   @[0,1]INSTAL doesn't seem to work for that.   There's a F77
v5.2 manual on Bitsavers, but the RUN $BUILD procedure that it
recommends also doesn't seem to work for F77 v5.4.

What is the media that you're trying to install from?   TK50?   Are you
going to get a RSTS/E 10.1 system up on HECnet?   I don't have the
necessary cooling to run mine. :^(

Zane

Zane, I'll most likely put up a V8 and a V9.6 system, but like you, I'm
not willing to put my my 11/53 10.1 system online without adequate air
to keep things cool and my 11/73 is still in the hands of my nephew.   I
never had ethernet cards for either one so I would put up simh boxes.

Bob I haven't done an F77 install in over 20 years, but as I recall you
can most likely put the executables in [1,2] and the libraries in LB:
and just put in the CCL for F77 to be up and running.   I never did like
the DCL install routines as they always messed up the logical tables.

Brett