[HECnet] Multinet on Linux

Christine Caulfield christine.caulfield at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 23 15:00:49 PDT 2008

On 23 Aug 2008, at 14:42, Bob Armstrong wrote:

So this means that if you had DECnet machines on your local network at
home and you wanted to bridge them into HECnet, you could do it with Linux
DECnet and a VMS host is not needed?   Excellent!

That's exactly what it means. It might even be possible to connect two Linux multinet boxes to each other but I haven't tried it!

One thing that doesn't seem to work is routing on big-endian Linux boxes (eg my sparc!). But it's fine on a 'normal' system

Chrissie

Bob