[HECnet] Re: Hecnet addition

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Aug 22 14:22:10 PDT 2008

gerry77 at mail.com wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:11:37 +0200, you wrote:
Well, I would keep LAT and Infoserver traffic separate. :-)
Somewhere into the future somebody will do that too :-) One of us had just got a beautiful InfoServer 1000 in InfoTower configuration,
and we were longing to test it across the net, so we just addedd its ethertype
to the bridge and ran it. The change from [lat] to [lan] came later, when we
decided to release the update.
BTW, that bridge configuration section already controlled not only LAT but
also MOP Remote Console and Dump/Load, so we just added a protocol to the
circus and then felt that [lan] was a better choice to describe it.

Actually, the MOP Remote Console and Dump/Load is what a LAT server normally use to boot and be managed. :-) (Unless it's one of those models that don't boot remote.)
That's why there are in there bundled.
Not much fun with a LAT terminal server if it can't boot.