[HECnet] New Nodes

Angela Kahealani angela at kahealani.com
Wed Aug 20 18:03:15 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 04:57:57 Johnny Billquist wrote:
Angela Kahealani wrote:
On Wed, 2008-08-20 03:54:55 Christine Caulfield wrote:
libpcap0.8-dev

Thanks... got compiled,
working live on config with sampsa in IRC

And...? You should be up by now, I thought...

	Johnny

Yeah, I can see how one would think that... however,
I just figured out that I have to learn iptables now...
I'm running fail2ban, and that setup IPtables as:

pc:/# iptables --list
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target         prot opt source                             destination
fail2ban-ssh   tcp   --   anywhere                         anywhere                       multiport dports ssh,sftp

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target         prot opt source                             destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target         prot opt source                             destination

Chain fail2ban-ssh (1 references)
target         prot opt source                             destination
RETURN         0       --   anywhere                         anywhere

so now I have to figure out how to punch holes in the firewall
for UDP/4711 to let DECnet traffic through, and I'm a newbie
to iptables... so am reading documents, so that I don't break
what fail2ban is already doing here.

Aloha, Angela
--
"(I'll) Be Seeing You..."       All information and transactions are
private between the parties, and are non negotiable.     All rights