[HECnet] IRC Server

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Aug 17 21:23:59 PDT 2008

Phil Mendelsohn skrev:
Sampsa Laine wrote:
Guys,

I've set up an IRC server for our use on silverback.sampsa.com port 6655 (non-standard port, I know).

I'll be hanging out on channel #hecnet as often as I can.
There's something about using IRC for DEC stuff that strikes me as inconsistent.   (I'm being a real DEC/VMS bigot here...)

:-)

Better if there were a multi-user version of PHONE. :)

What do you mean multi-user? I assume you know that you can have more than two persons in a phone conversation?

However, it isn't like IRC, where you just connect to somewhere to get all the data fed there.

Oh well. I'll keep with mail, as usual. Always reachable at MIM::BILLQUIST :-)