[HECnet] IRC Server

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sun Aug 17 17:58:31 PDT 2008

Well if you've got a better and more DEC oriented I'm open to running that too... :)

Sampsa

On 17 Aug 2008, at 17:49, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

Sampsa Laine wrote:
Guys,
I've set up an IRC server for our use on silverback.sampsa.com port 6655 (non-standard port, I know).
I'll be hanging out on channel #hecnet as often as I can.

There's something about using IRC for DEC stuff that strikes me as inconsistent.   (I'm being a real DEC/VMS bigot here...)

Better if there were a multi-user version of PHONE. :)
DECNotes isn't real time...

Alas - I'm not entitled to an opinion, since my systems off-line now anyway!

--
"Nothing is too small to know, and nothing too big to attempt."
--Sir William Cornelius Van Horne