[HECnet] Howling VAX

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Jul 5 07:24:47 PDT 2008

I brought PDXVAX up just now to discover two different problems, one is that bearings are acting up on one or more of the fans for my VAXstation 4000/vlc, the other is that I need to renew my VAX Hobbyist licenses, as I need a new Multinet license.

So, PDXVAX is down for the time being, and I'm starting to wonder about keeping MONK running.   I really hate to say this, but it was so nice and quite in our dining room without any VMS boxes running.   I hate the idea, but it would be cooler, and quieter to move stuff over to a Mini-ITX box running some form of UNIX.

Zane

--
| Zane H. Healy                                       | UNIX Systems Administrator |
| healyzh at aracnet.com (primary)       | OpenVMS Enthusiast                 |