[HECnet] Quiet list and a question about setting up a system

Andrew Back andy at smokebelch.org
Wed Jun 25 19:36:05 PDT 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Marc Chametzky wrote:

What you need to be aware of is that the DECnet routing license isn't included in the VMS hobbyist program, so unless you have some other license for that part, you will not be able to actually do this.

I think this may have changed. When I requested my latest hobbyist licenses about a month ago, a license for DVNETRTG was included along with DVNETEND and DVNETEXT.

Heh, amazing, the folks at HP must have realised that there is a requirement amongst hobbyists for routing DECnet :o)

Andrew