[HECnet] Quiet list and a question about setting up a system

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Jun 24 23:03:44 PDT 2008

Bob Armstrong wrote:
  I have one machine running Ubuntu w/DECnet here and haven't had any
problems, but my machine is just an end node.
Don't try to talk with anything but VMS, though... ;-)
  Does the DECnet/Linux just not implement RTERM?   Or are there deeper
problems?

Don't know. But they do implement CTERM. But it only works against VMS. Same for NFT and PHONE.
The implementors have only had VMS systems to test against, to their defence. And I think it might be a piece of reverse engineering on their part as well.