[HECnet] DECnet/Linux tunnels

Christine Caulfield christine.caulfield at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 25 15:44:47 PDT 2008

Bob Armstrong wrote:
Christine Caulfield wrote:
You should be able to encapsulate DECnet in a GRE tunnel, yes.
  Do you know offhand if this will talk to a Multinet DECnet-IP tunnel?

I very much doubt it to be honest. Linux GRE tunnels don't look anything like the multinet ones as far as I can tell. I did attempt a multinet daemon for Linux but I haven't tried it for ages, I can't remember how useful it got!

couple of years ago I think Mary Berryman was able to get his Cisco router
talking to a Multinet tunnel using IP/GRE but I don't know if he had to do
any tweaking to get it to work or not.

--

Chrissie