[HECnet] Adding my node

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 03:06:01 PDT 2008

On 3/30/08, Bob Armstrong <bob at jfcl.com> wrote:
Would it also solve his Firewall problem, if he's the one initiating
the connection?

  I don't think so - he'll still have to configure his router to accept
incoming UDP packets on port 700 and forward them to his VAX.

Bob

It could be more complicated than that... here's my setup, tell me
what you think:

[Internet]----[router]~~~wireless~~~[laptop]-----[Alpha and VAX]

There's a wireless router downstairs connected to the Internet. My
laptop has a wireless card and is configured to act as a gateway for
the wired LAN in my room, to which the laptop, the Alpha, and the VAX
are all connected.

--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn