[HECnet] New host: RHESUS (VMS on Itanium)

Fred fcoffey at misernet.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 22 21:16:54 PDT 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Sampsa Laine wrote:

I have finally managed to get my rx2600 running, it's accesible on HECnet with the host name RHESUS (1.403).

It's a dual Itanium 900MHz, 8 GB of RAM, one 146 GB disk running OpenVMS 8.3-1H1. Let me know if you want an
account, esp. for stuff like porting software across to IA64.

*drool*

MISER, my AlphaStation 255/233 looks in your general direction with envy.

Where did you end up finding an install DVD?   I remember reading in c.o.v. where you trying to get the beast up and running but my newshost isn't the best, and I never saw the outcome.

Glad to hear it worked out well.

Cheers,

Fred

----
Expert, n.:
              Someone who comes from out of town and shows slides.