[HECnet] New host: RHESUS (VMS on Itanium)

gerry77 at mail.com gerry77 at mail.com
Wed Oct 22 22:28:45 PDT 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:39:52 +0100, you wrote:

Yes, very many thanks for that. Didn't want to publicise your
contribution without your approval of course :)

I'm very happy your Itanium is running fine! :-) Speaking about the IA64 kit,
I think that discretion is a must: I've not told you how we knew about it, and
you should't say who told you about it, let's say some friend gave you a
helping hand. :-) For the very same reason I think it would not be very safe
to publish the URLs on-list or in other public places, but if someone asks
privately I think (s)he should be provided with the URLs, along with a
recommendation about the discretion issue and the importance of this "secret".

BTW, did you find other interesting software for OpenVMS on Itanium? ;-)

Cheers,
G.