[HECnet] Back on Line

Angela Kahealani angela at kahealani.com
Mon Oct 6 11:18:17 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-05 22:33:10 Sampsa Laine wrote:
On 6 Oct 2008, at 02:07, Fred wrote:
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008, Dan Williams wrote:
Speaking of interesting - I saw somewhere once where there was a BBS
program written (not NOTES) for OpenVMS and I could have swore it
was MBSE.   A little googling revealed that MBSE is Linux only, and I
would much rather set up an OpenVMS BBS anyway - I'm an amateur
radio operator and would love to put my Alpha on packet.     Does
anyone know or has ever seen such an animal?
Fred

So, weren't BBS's mostly text-based communications fora accessed
via direct dial-up to a modem bank attached to the BBS host? and
haven't those mostly these days been superseded by Wikis that are
accessed over TCP/IP typically via http? Or is it your goal to
gateway AX.25/TNC protocols over to HECnet? Now that would be new.
I can see it now, HECnet links over AX.25 radio links.
I can see it now, AX.25   links over HECnet   internets.
An Alpha running VMS as a TNC BBS? Dude! You'd be the envy of all
your ham buddies! Go for it!

Aloha, Angela
--
"(I'll) Be Seeing You..."       All information and transactions are
private between the parties, and are non negotiable.     All rights