[HECnet] Projects...?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Oct 6 15:39:17 PDT 2008

At 1:48 PM +0200 10/6/08, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Speaking of which.
Are people doing any fun projects nowadays?

I wish.   My VMS systems are still down and PDXVAX is in storage, though MONK is sitting here next to me powered off (I needed data on it).   I'd like to work on a new version of the CGI that shows what HECnet nodes are online (something with an SQL backend that tracks system availability).

We're still trying to find a new place to live, hopefully something with a garage or outbuilding that I can put a couple racks of equipment in and DSL capable (if the place we were supposed to move into had been livable I'd have had a business FIOS line).   I'd gotten tired of the servers sitting in the dining room, and with our current living situation, I'm getting used to it being a lot quieter.

My only fun project is software I'm writing for work.

Zane

--
| Zane H. Healy                                       | UNIX Systems Administrator |
| healyzh at aracnet.com (primary)       | OpenVMS Enthusiast                 |