[HECnet] DDCMP status

Christine Caulfield Christine.Caulfield at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 2 05:14:28 PDT 2008

H  lscher wrote:
Hi,

what is the status of DDCMP within Linux-DECnet?

I did start a hacked version a long time ago but it's quite far from
being a working piece of software. This was wholly in userspace because
it made life easier for me. To do it 'properly' it should be implemented
as a line discipline in the kernel but that looked like far too much
hard work!

I would be happy to post what I have if anyone wants to work on
finishing it. But it's probably easier to just follow the specification
and start it again that work on someone else's unfinished code. As Paul
said, the specification is very clear. Surprisingly ;)

Chrissie