[HECnet] Itanium install media

gerry77 at mail.com gerry77 at mail.com
Wed Sep 17 23:15:02 PDT 2008

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:50:57 +0100, you wrote:

Yeah, that went really smoothly. Btw, I've got a spare hardware raid
controller I bought off ebay for some random reason.

I'd be willing to trade it for say a SCSI drive with a SCA connector..

Another couple of links for you, the second might be especially interesting:

http://starlet.deltatel.ru/~Laishev/kits/cc073.dcx_axpexe
http://starlet.deltatel.ru/~Laishev/kits/hp-i64vms-c-v0703-018-1.pcsi$compressed

My Itanium friend will be back tomorrow and said that he will tell me/you
which disk+tray model you'll have to look for on ebay for your system. If I
did understand it right, there are many HP disk models suitable for it because
they're the same used by HP for one of their most common storage arrays. The
only nuisance is the colour: white instead of black... Will you bare that? :-P

Unfortunately he hasn't any spare SCA disk to exchange. Speaking about the
RAID controller: when back at home he'll check if it is a model he is
interested in, then maybe he'll contact you directly to ask if you will sell
it for money or to find something interesting for you to make a deal.

BTW, where are you located? London?

G.

P.S.: Is my English understandable? I'm constantly trying to improve it and to
write as correctly as I can, but sometimes I feel very bad at writing... :-)