[HECnet] dnprogs 2.46 for Linux released (NEW FEATURES!)

Christine Caulfield christine.caulfield at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 7 13:11:44 PDT 2008

I'm very pleased to announce the new dnprogs release. With not one, not
two, but FOUR new programs - you lucky people :-)

The first two were contributed by Philipp 'ph3-der-loewe' Schafft and
consist of two command-line utilities:

dnetstat is a version of netstat for DECnet, it reformats the /proc file
output in a more user-friendly manner.
dnetcat is a DECnet version of netcat, an invaluable utility for all
network nerds. Philipp has offered to update the wiki to show how to use
this utility to run SSH over DECnet!

And finally, I have also been busy. I have done something I said I'd
write years ago and that's an Network Management Listener program. Yes,
finally you can go into NCP on a VMS or RSX system (yes, I tested it on
RSX, thanks Johnny) and type in "TELL LINUX SHOW ADJACENT NODES". It
only supports a subset of commands at the moment, but I will probably
add more. It currently will do:

SHOW/LIST KNOWN NODES
SHOW ADJACENT NODES
SHOW EXEC CHAR

To make this work you'll need to add a new line to dnetd.conf - see the
sample file shipped with the package for the details.

There's also a client side version of that, well partly. dncopynodes
allows a Linux user to pull a node list off a remote VMS or RSX system
and build up a full decnet.conf file. It will fill in the current exec
details too so that the file it generates can simply be copied to /etc.
WARNING ... DO NOT do 'dncopynodes > /etc/decnet.conf' as it will
overwrite the file before it gets a chance to use it to make the initial
connection!

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=4993&package_id=5032&release_id=624716

--
Chrissie