[HECnet] FDDI and DECNET, clustering

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Apr 9 14:36:32 PDT 2009

On 9 Apr 2009, at 13:54, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

Brian Hechinger wrote:
On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 11:18:14PM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
Sampsa Laine wrote:
So if I have two dual port PCI cards, one in machine 1, one in machine 2, I wire them:

1.A.         ->                 2.B
2.A               ->                 1.B
No,

1.	A -> B
2.	B -> A
Which is exactly what Sampsa said in the first place.
Ignore him, Sampsa, you have the right idea.

It was a poor attempt at humor.

Yeah I looked at that at went like "hold on, that'll connect each machine to itself."

Very secure from the confidentiality and intergrity point of view I suppose, leaves something to be desired on the availability front.