[HECnet] FDDI and DECNET, clustering

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed Apr 8 23:51:11 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 04:34:06PM -0400, Paul Koning wrote:

Sampsa> Guys, I've just received a DEFPA-DB PCI-FDDI adapter from
Sampsa> ebay, my plan is to install it in CHIMPY and then connect
Sampsa> CHIMPY to CHIMP via this for clustering.

Wow, that takes me back a bunch of years...

Yeah, no kidding.   I just recently picked up a pair of VAX 4000/500 boxes
and each one had a DEFQA-SA in it.   Now I either need to pick up a cheap
NP-1F-D-MM for one of my Cisco 4700 routers or dust off the Sun Ultra1
that has the FDDI card in it.

Hmmmmm.   No, must be good.   Must move first before setting up VAXen.   :)

-brian
--
"Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta
tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of