[HECnet] Need help with DECnet routing

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Mon Apr 6 22:41:35 PDT 2009

I think I'm going to set up MultiNet on the Alpha and try using a TCP circuit between LULU and DUSTY. This will tell me whether it's a DECnet routing issue or an Ethernet packet one.

Well, with a DECnet-over-IP circuit instead, it's working just fine with both nodes seeing each other's adjacency, and from LULU I can connect to LEGATO.

So, some sort of Personal Alpha networking glitch. That's surprising since I do have the two nodes clustered, so that's working. I wonder what's not working right with DECnet routing multicasts.

Well, this may be suboptimal, but it works well enough and that's all that matters.

--Marc