[HECnet] Need help with DECnet routing

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Mon Apr 6 17:13:24 PDT 2009

Marc Chametzky wrote

DUSTY is "TYPE ROUTING IV" and has two circuits, TCP-0-0 to LEGATO and
QNA-0 for the local network. DUSTY has connectivity to both LEGATO (and
the rest of HECnet) and also to LULU.

  This is the way it should be.

I tried setting
DUSTY up as an area router, thinking that making it a level 2 router
would permit LULU's packets to go through DUSTY, but that didn't seem to
work either.

  An area router isn't necessary since all your nodes (and LEGATO too) are
in the same area.

LULU, on the other hand, can only connect to DUSTY. It can't connect to
LEGATO.

  Hmm.   What makes you think this?   I ask because LEGATO can connect to LULU
(I just tried it a minute ago), so it is working at least one way.

Bob