[HECnet] VAX/VMS V5.5-2 LAT bugs?

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 19:27:49 PDT 2009

Zane H. Healy wrote:

Is anyone aware of any known bugs related to LAT on V5.5-2?   I turned on LAT
on PDXVAX yesterday and was logged in via LAT with a VT420 connected to a
DECserver 90TL.   At some point it crashed and had to be rebooted.   As PDXVAX
is a very stable system, I tend to suspect LAT.

Zane

Hi Zane,

Sorry for the blatent request out of the blue, but I don't suppose you've got installation media for 5.5-2, or know someone who has. I am running VAX APL 4.0 on a VAXstation 4000/90 under OpenVMS 7.3 but there are some compatibility issues with DECwindows which I think are too obvious to have occured with the targetted release of OpenVMS for APL which was 5.4. I think 5.5-2 is the earliest version that supports the 4000/90 so am interested in giving that a whirl to see if it improves matters.

Kind regards, Mark.