[HECnet] GORVAX and CHIMPY down

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Aug 29 06:02:27 PDT 2009

At 9:52 PM +0100 8/28/09, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Well the BBS is not running on VMS but CHIMPY does have an account (B4BBS) that automagically connects to the service.

The BBS runs as a Win2k VM on the same physical machine as GORVAX.

Sampsa

PS: Check out http://sampsa.com/b4bbs/ - there's Flash-based PC-ANSI emulator on that (the ANSI used by BBS software
tends to break stuff on more "normal" emulators)

Since I haven't had time to hook up my DECserver and get a real terminal going, I went in via the webpage.   That's seriously cool. Reminds me a lot of the old BBS's I used to visit when I was stationed in Washington DC.

Zane

--
| Zane H. Healy                                       | UNIX Systems Administrator |
| healyzh at aracnet.com (primary)       | OpenVMS Enthusiast                 |