[HECnet] PDXVAX and MONK online

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Aug 24 16:11:49 PDT 2009

I'm happy to report that PDXVAX and MONK are *FINALLY* back online, after being down for a few days short of a year.   I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay online all the time for the next month, but will try, it will depend on if we get another heat wave or not since I don't have any cooling for the computers.

Things aren't totally back to normal, www.avanthar.com still points to my .Mac account, as I need to find time to move some data back to my own server.   However, http://aracnet.com:8080/nodes/ is working at the moment to generate a list of what's currently online on HECnet. Since it shows CODA as a VAXstation 90A, I'm pretty sure my data file that lists machine types and offered services needs updated. :-)

I'm now sitting on a 20Mbit/5Mbit Commercial FIOS line, so I have more bandwidth than I know what to do with.   I am noticing that DECnet performance seems drastically improved.

Zane

--
| Zane H. Healy                                       | UNIX Systems Administrator |
| healyzh at aracnet.com (primary)       | OpenVMS Enthusiast                 |