[HECnet] hecnet reply-to

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Dec 13 13:41:50 PST 2009

Mark Wickens wrote:
Sorry, guys - that reply-to is always catching me out.
I suppose it might be worth opening the query up to the list anyway -
any good reason why I shouldn't be able to connect the Digital UNIX
implementation of DECnet/OSI to HECnet?
The Software Product Description attached to the previous email has more
details of the implementation.
Regards, Mark.

Should work just fine.
People have been running DECnet Phase V on VMS systems on HECnet. This
is no different.

I don't know if DECnet Phase V also use some other ethernet protocol
number for V <-> V communication, but when talking with Phase IV nodes,
it's the same standard protocol number as it has been all along.

(The question of the reply-to field is a never-ending story of pros and
cons of one or the other... :-) )