[HECnet] DECnet routing/setup

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Fri Dec 4 21:55:47 PST 2009

On 2009-12-04, at 7:23 AM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
You know, all this DECnet routing talk has got me thinking.   It's been a
LONG time since I've done any DECnet networking.   Is there a good place to
read up on it or should I just read the VMS manuals online since I'll be
doing this from VMS mainly at first.

I spent quite some time trying to get an area router working.   I couldn't find any documentation other than the standard DEC manuals (available online).   The DEC manuals talk about the theory, including non-routing, level 1 routing and level 2 routing (area routing), but I couldn't find any document that explained how to enable level 2 routing.   Thankfully, this list was able to help me out.

Ian.