[HECnet] DECnet area router configuration

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Thu Dec 3 10:16:27 PST 2009

Hello All,
    I'm trying to get my VAX network to connect to HECnet.   Thanks to Johnny, we've got the bridge set up and there's packets going back and forth.   The problem I'm having is configuring my area router.   I'm running VAX VMS 7.3 with DECnet Phase IV installed.   I've been going through every document I can find, but I can't find anything that talks about setting up a level 2 (area) router.   What do I have to do different from a normal (level 1) router?   I'd appreciate any pointers.   Let me know if you'd like to see any diagnostic output.

Thanks,
Ian.