[HECnet] Powerchute or similar?

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Fri Mar 13 12:42:15 PDT 2009

I want to say that there was some freeware utility, perhaps on the DECUS tapes throughout the years, that offered very basic UPS monitoring. If I remember correctly, a UPS that's having a power-fault would drop DTE or something like that, allowing a program to monitor the serial port for a hangup, and then do whatever (presumably start a countdown before taking action to see if DTE is raised again).

I don't know whether the current models do anything that basic any longer.

--Marc