[HECnet] How do you connect to HECnet?

Angela Kahealani angela at kahealani.com
Sun Mar 1 20:28:37 PST 2009

I'm connecting via a NetBSD 4.0 system with two (2) NIC's.   One NIC
is connected to the Internet router, the other is managed entirely by
Johnny's bridge program.

Does the bridge program need two NIC's?
one for DECnet (with the necessarily forced MAC)
2nd for UDP? can the UDP port share with TCP/IP functionality?
i.e., to get from
"Internet" <--> Bridge <--> DECnet <--> DECnet-consuming-application
how many NICs do I need? Since the DECnet-consuming-application
must have a DECnet address, I know it needs it's own NIC on which
it can own a corresponding MAC in the DECnet address range, but
does the DECnet side of the Bridge program need it's own DECnet
address also?

Is the short answer to go read some documentation on the bridge program?

Aloha, Angela Kahealani
--
"(I'll) Be Seeing You..."       All information and transactions are
private between the parties, and are non negotiable.     All rights