[HECnet] How do you connect to HECnet?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Mar 2 06:16:13 PST 2009

Weirdly enough, I have no problem with running the bridge and SIMH on the same machine - caveat: I am running on OS X.

At the moment, I have the following:

	- Gorilla (OS X 10.4.something) running the bridge on interface 0
	- GORVAX (SIMH, OpenVMS 7.3, MULTINET) running on interface 0, acting as a router between the bridge and a MULTINET tunnel to the outside
	- CHIMPY (running VMS 8.3, TCP/IP services), acting as an end node on the bridged network

So on the main host, there's only one interface and it all works (all = DECNET, I can't get IP traffic from Gorilla to GORVAX).

Sampsa