[HECnet] Boot VAX from Alpha host Infoserver?

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Wed Nov 25 14:06:27 PST 2009

The OS used 1MB and the rest was disk/file cache.   Quite fast even on a 10Mb non-switched LAN.   We used them to serve up bookreader files, ISL's, and Field Service diagnostics.   We set session limits to 100 on the bookreader partition.   Even with 100 clients performance was amazing!   We were able to pay for the unit by not purchasing either 3 or 4 full VMS documentation sets.   Great return on investment.

-Steve