[HECnet] Boot VAX from Alpha host Infoserver?

Fred fcoffey at thrifty.misernet.net
Tue Nov 24 10:07:36 PST 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Steve Davidson wrote:

The cluster/satellite connection is always an option and I have
suggested it to Fred more than a few times (sorry Fred), but it still
doesn't explain the problem.   We though we had an answer late last night
but to no avail.

That's OK, a colleague of mine suggested the same thing too, but I was determined to get the Infoserver to work ... (still am as I like the concept)

I do like Gerry's idea of using a SIMH VAX to get things up and running, booting the physical VAX as a satellite which would then pose no risk to MISER.

FRUGAL:: is now turned on and you can access the console if you wish.

Fred