[HECnet] Boot VAX from Alpha host Infoserver?

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Sun Nov 22 18:11:10 PST 2009

Fred,

I'm not sure what's going on here but...

I may still be able to help you.   You could try booting into my
VAXcluster (as a satellite) and do the installation from that if you
wish.   If you are interested, let me know offline.

If this fails then you could try booting off my "real" InfoServer just
for grins :-)

Oh, the NEC Multispin 4x may just work.   I use these.   You will have to
set one of the dip switches that changes it from 2048 bytes to 512
bytes.   A search on the web should be able to give you the correct
switch.

-Steve