[HECnet] VPN?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Nov 9 10:16:20 PST 2009

Sampsa Laine wrote:

Maybe it would be more worthwile for someone to hack my bridge just a
little, so that changes in DNS names were discovered, and automatically
handled.
Heck, you don't even have to change my bridge program. Just add a small
monitoring program, who don't do anything else than regularly check if
any of the names in the bridge.conf file have changed to resolve to a
different IP address, and if so, send a HUP to the bridge program, and
we'll be back in business.
I'm all for this...

Start hacking your small monitor daemon! :-)

Let it do name lookups once an hour, perhaps (configurable), and have
the bridge process as a fork. Then it's easy to just send the HUPs
whenever needed. The program should be pretty small, I'd guess. I just
don't have any time to do this myself right now. And it's a good
exercise for someone.